Tuesday, January 30, 2007

MFA & Family

"Longevity" by Iizuka Rokansai is a piece of Japanese bamboo art. Like the woven basket I found at the Museum of Fine Arts my family is tightly woven to make a master piece. We are a close nit family that make each other whole. There are different people in my family that is represented by the different pieces of bamboo. These baskets take years of training and lots of time to make. Like the basket my family’s relationship took years or work, trust and loyalty to make it what it is. The different layers of the basket created by precise details represents the generation’s that make up my family. Like this basket my family sticks together while always supporting each other.

1 comment:

Professor Sweet's Cultural Reference Log said...

What a great choice to represent the unity yet diversity of your family members, and the strength and beauty that it creates.