Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Way Home

The love a grandmother has for her children could not be spoken in words. The love for grandchildren is surprisingly greater. You can teach the lesions that years before you taught your own children. They are replicas of your own masterpiece.
My grandson has so many lesions to learn. Electronic devises will not always be a part of his life. For some reason my grandson learned this lesion the hard way. His longing for batteries made him go on an adventure. For once he had to learn, on his own, that he could not get his way.
The attitude of my grandson is one that I do not like. He is disrespectful to elders and uses harmful words. I know that one day he will get over this stage in his life but for now I will let him ride it out. I see the way he treats his mother and I would never have let that happen. I think my grandson growing up with no father is a terrible idea. He does not understand the quality of hierarchy. Because he didn’t have a father to look up to and receive discipline.
I have to let my grandson learn these life lesions on his own. I will always have love for him and do what he want. If he wants Kentucky Chicken, even though I don’t know what it is, I will do anything I could to get it. When he feel from the crazy cow I will always be there to clean his wounds. I feel my grandson has begun to learn the lesions of life. When I found the coco cupcake I knew he began to learn to share. The feeling in my heart grew stronger and stronger when he stepped off the bus and handed me the colorful paper.

No comments: